Friday, October 10, 2008

Dream

I sat at a corner with JW during our recent department dinner.

This was a gathering to celebrate the promotion of some of our colleagues. (It gave me an excellent opportunity to listen to an expert's view on world economy and investment strategy. That's beyond the point.)

In the middle of the evening, the man from Chaozhou suggested each new medical officer to come out and have an one-minute introduction of themselves. Well, that sounded a good idea because demented beings like me always have the difficulty to recognize new colleagues.

But the introduction show made a sharp turn when we began to hear penance and confession and career plans with an agenda. Yes, with an agenda.

JW gave me a weird smile.

I replied in a wicked one.

And an old Chinese saying came through my mind: 皮裡陽秋.

No comments: