Saturday, October 11, 2008

Meal

Had some cookery experiments during the public holiday.

In the morning I made some steam rice with fresh shrimp and dried Japanese scallop (brought by my mother-in-law from Osaka) for Euterpe. We - I mean my mother, my maid, and myself - tried very hard but our boss just took a mouthful or two. (I begin to realize that other than KM, my muse of music is the second one who could live against the physics law on the conservation of energy.)

Well, I ended up taking the rice as my own lunch - the taste was not bad at all. Yes, females are always difficult to understand, I know.

***************************

In the evening I tried and made some Padaeng beef (巴東牛肉) - again from ingredients brought by my in-laws from Indonesia. While I was looking for coconut milk from the shelf, I found a bag of vegetable instant soup for hot pot - we bought it last Christmas for my family gathering.

I checked on the label; it read: Best before 16 October 2008.

God, that's next week - and we certainly have no intention to have a hot pot meal in the coming seven or eight days.

An idea came to my mind. I continued my search in the shelf and found some bags of Korean instant noodle. What's better than using the soup for them ?

This chimera worked out well. The problem is: there might be nothing suitable for my girl's dinner. As soon as I realized this, she looked at the noodle in a wicked smile. (Yes, that's the time when she looked like me.)

And, she finished a good deal of it.

Oh, females are not only difficult to understand but could never be predicted; I had a lesson.

No comments: