Monday, October 13, 2008

Question

Went to the college's annual meeting on Saturday - I was asked to do a small part of a symposium.

The talk was so so. As usual, after the three of us (I mean ST, SL and myself) finished with the deed, we sat around a table and tried to take some questions.

A senior private physician put up one - primarily for ST, and the latter gave an orthodox answer.

To our surprise, the president showed his hand, stood up and made further comments. Oh, we realized very soon the man with a wig was all confused with the definition of orthostatic proteinuria. As a previous student of this local giant in nephrology, my horror was no less than finding Albert Einstein could not tell the difference between mass and weight. (Eh ... you may not either, but you have not been awarded with the Nobel Prize in Physics.)

We sat quietly. The comment seemed to last for ages. ST and I exchanged a quick glance: What should we do ?

In no time our neuronal activities were in phase: We did not hear anything. It's coffee time, let's have a break.

****************************

Don't take me wrong. I do not think our president was a shade less brilliant than what he demonstrated over the years. Every man has some loopholes in his knowledge.

It's just because of his position my teacher who lost his moustache could no longer hear an objective comment or have someone to point out where he is deficient.

Alas, friends, don't put me into such a position for once, and I shall be all too thankful.

3 comments:

TW said...

I know you will be killed very soon.

EW said...

szeto you may share my bottle of lithium

TW said...

I said you will be killed not because of the unorthodox answer, this is indeed no big news. Rather, I am refering to your mentioning of the 3-not-to-be-mentioned-letters: W-X-G !!