Friday, October 31, 2008

Sharing

"What's the agenda of this meeting ?" I asked Irene.

"Eh ... there's no agenda. Dr. X just want everyone sit down and share what they think." My secretary explained - with some hesitancy.

I did not go further. It's not within her control. Nonetheless my limbic system rang a bell upon the word "share". (Oh, nothing to do with the stock market. Don't be paranoid.)

I am neither a Christian attending a religious gathering nor a French existentialist discussing the (abstract) purpose of life in a salon. There seems little point to have a few dozens of people sitting around in order to so-called share their opinion by what actual is talking to themselves. Worse still, if your opinion does not conform to the unspeakable pre-determined decision of that whoever, you would receive a good lecture to explain why your opinion is not satisfactory. The torture would linger on forever, until you express a desirable opinion.

I used to be puzzled what those Red Guards from the Cultural Revolution become when they grow up. Oh, they're all around.

Or is there reincarnation of Gestapo ?

No comments: