Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chrome

By a semi-voluntary mistake I changed the web browser of the computer in my office to Google Chrome recently.

Many of my friends know that I am a fan of Google. To say the least, I was one of the first few who put up Google as my homepage - back in 1998, when it was still the plain humble search-this-item kind of layout.

And of course I ended up using G-mail (even for the management of my university matters), Calendar, Notebook, and (as you're now reading) its blog page. In fact, I was using Mozilla Firefox as my browser all along - again promoted by Google.

It is not a sweet job to change your browser; you've got to revise your bookmarks and regular logins and what not. To complicate the problem, Chrome is not exceeding user-friendly; it is not compatible with the Google Toolbar (disappointing, right ?) and you cannot put up the Quick Notebook icon either.

It was the same sign that a dinosaur evolved to exceed its biologically plausible size, so that things happening at the tail took ages to make known to the brain - and therefore problems of the tail needed to be solved by a cluster of neurons at the buttock.

By the way, after this very step of evolution, dinosaur extincted.

No comments: