Friday, April 17, 2009

Problem

Had a casual chat with VW and RM during the third-year OSCE on the various problems of our curriculum.

I shall not elaborate again what the deficiencies are; most of us seem understand that very well. Of course it is equally - if not more - possible that we are outdated and, as the old proverb says, have not changed with time.

VW did seriously ask for my opinion and suggestions, but I must admit my answers were nothing more or less than a brainstem reflex. (They were not spinal cord reflex but did go through the center of lower cranial nerves - for they were at least carefully articulated.)

My real concern was: apparently too many people have different sets of solution to the same problem. Just a few years ago, I would say changing the examination to focus on more practical problems, resuming out-patient attachment, emergency call rounds, and a handful of other measures would be the most important things to rectify.

After sitting through all the meetings and retreats and listening to hundreds of the proposed solution by the others, I am not so sure of what I think ...

... or whether I have to think at all.

No comments: