Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bean

Another thing that I did in my office in the middle of the night while waiting for my transplant patient was watching Mr. Bean.

Yes, the good old Rowan Atkinson; it's all available on the You Tube.

******************************

Like many people in Hong Kong, I first watched this comedy series in our local TV channel. In fact, I was not particularly impressed until I started my overseas training. On my BA flight to London, there was the movie Bean: The Ultimate Disaster.

No, it was not the best comedy - not even as good as many of his plots on the TV. Nonetheless, I watched it at the perfect time; anything that was remotely funny would cheer you up when you are on a lonely journey - and I became a fan of Atkinson since then.

PS. Another masterpiece of Rowan Atkinson is Black Adder - introduced to me by my friend TW some years ago. If you learn the history of the Three Kingdoms Period by reading Luo Guanzhong (羅貫中), this BBC comedy serves well as the textbook of the history of England.

1 comment:

TW said...

Yes, I really like MrBean and I bought a few series of Black Adder too.
Ironically, Rowan Atkinson suffers from very bad depression disease in real life.