Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hell

In the evening after I stayed up all night for kidney transplant, I attended the farewell dinner for our chairman.

There were a handful of important guests and the evening was very formal (an educated seasoned palatable polite synonym of boring). The King of the Round Table was there. As always, he was the one who made the best speech. This time, he just told a simple story:

****************************

I dreamed that I was dead. I went to the heaven and met St. Peter at the gates.

I asked if I could go in.

"What have you done on earth ?" He asked.

"I was a surgeon and saved many lives."

"Surgeons just cut up people - they should usually go to hell." He said.

"At one time I was the Secretary for Health, Welfare and Food in the Hong Kong government." I went on.

"Then you are a politician. For sure you should go to hell." St. Peter was not moved, but, seeing that I looked sincere, he went on, "Is there any other thing you did on earth that may help you entering the heaven ?"

"Well, I had been the Vice Chancellor of the Chinese University for some years." I reluctantly admitted.

St. Peter smiled, "In that case please come in - you had enough of the hell already."

1 comment:

TW said...

I really enjoy seeing him being the politician, 比張文光日鬧夜鬧,in the past no one dare to do so, really entertaining.