Friday, June 11, 2010

Substance

While talking about being politically neutral, I must declare I do very much prefer to support the political reform proposed by Donald.

The problem is I do not know what I am actually supporting.

Yes, our senior government officials do put up much effort (and resource) in promoting the issue. They are here, there, and everywhere, busy distributing pamphlets and getting away with the oppositions. I see a new dressing by a remarkable mother, a pair of elegant dancers, and three council members reminding us to act now. But, what's in the proposal ?

"It's all written black and white. You can write to the responsible government department to ask for a hard copy, or go on-line and download from their web site." You may say.

But I have dyslexia; I am one of the many simple naive poorly educated barely literate ordinary Hong Kong citizen who hardly ever read anything. Can his Highness kindly tell me what I am supposed to support ?

PS. For the same argument, the principal question that seems to skip every one's eye is: What actually is the topic of debate between Donald and Audrey ?

Yes, it is about the proposal. But, what exactly is it ?

No comments: