Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Audience

Shortly after I thought of the viva question, a few of us went out and had a farewell lunch with GY.

It was one of the best moments when we could chat on any irrelevant topic. During the meal, VW asked, “Szeto, have you checked how many audience you have for your blog?”

“Of course,” I smiled, “The temptation to check is irresistible! In fact, by looking at the number of page click each time after it is linked to the Facebook, I have a vague idea where my audience are coming from. I suppose you do the same?”

While the young professor of hepatology nodded, GY interjected, “You know, it’s sometimes annoying to find my name appearing in your blog – even though you always use acronyms.”

“Friend, do you know the principle of setting up cryptography for military use?” I asked.

“What do you mean ?” my cardiologist friend appeared puzzled.

“One of the principles is every name should be represented by more than one code…”

****************************

I must say it is always sad to see our friend leaving. On our way to the car park, LS asked the professor of cardiology, “So, how long have we been working together? Twenty years?”

“Not as much as that,” I sighed, “It’s merely eighteen years.”

And the famous saying of Chai Kau (柴九) came through the mind of all three of us.

No comments: