Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cursory

While I was secretly happy for skipping the outside lecture, my friend WY popped in my office.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Just finished with the clinic - and I must say I am not at all happy." My friend frowned.

"Eh ...?"

"You know T, I suppose? He's going to join another specialty soon, but, for service need - as well as his general training - he is now attending our clinic." She sighed.

"Yes?" I put up an inviting smile.

"And, look what he does: He comes to the clinic slightly early, finishes with a good share of case, and leave an hour earlier than everyone else - because every patient was rushed through and not really being taken care of! I am sure he won't do the same to the patients in the clinic of his own specialty." My friend continued.

I nodded - as a gesture of being polite as well as understanding. On reflection I find it difficult to blame T because I am probably seeing my patients in an even more cursory manner - the only difference is I am equally quick for my renal patients.

That's something I should improve.

No comments: