Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crisis

That evening, when LS was off work, my friend Warren gave her a ride.

The next morning, I met LS in the corridor. She appeared worried.

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

“Em… Do you think Warren has mid-life crisis?” LS whispered.

“What makes you think so?”

“You know, he bought a new car – I mean a second handed one. But it’s a Porsche!” Our professor of rheumatology said, “This is his third car – or actually the fourth one !?”

“Alas, I’m sure he just has too much money after the financial tsunami,” I smiled, “ Nonetheless, he may well have mid-life crisis – and, who doesn’t? At our stage, there seems very little chance, or, actually, need, for further promotion. Everything in life has been running in order – and, unfortunately, in the same order for quite some time. We all need some new stimuli.”

Maybe that’s also the (subconscious) reason why I put up this blog.

1 comment:

Vincent Wong said...

Our VC said, "At mid-life, you have to change your car, your job or your wife. But don't change all three together."

Blessed is Warren who only changed cars.