Thursday, July 5, 2012

Stay


During a casual discussion on some sensational literature, Vivian asked, “Why does T stay on the post? He is not getting along very well with our new CE, and it must not be easy to accept his previous subordinate – and not a very capable one – becoming his immediate senior!”

“Em… I suppose our new CE could not find a better person within his own camp?” I said.

“That may be true,” my wife insisted on her point, “But that’s hardly the answer to my question: Why does T agree to stay? Given his heart problem and all these, he should retire.”


“Alas, he should, but I suspect he could not,” I smiled, “He may not have anything to live on.”

My wife was certainly surprised, “How could that be? His salary is as good as any!”

“Yes, but that doesn’t always mean he has a lot of savings. It really depends on how one spends his money.”

No comments: