Saturday, November 24, 2012

Glasses

It was a most remarkable day for me in the past five years - to say the least, from an astrological point of view.

The story went like this: For a few weeks, I was feeling my pair of glasses was a bit shaky. It was a new pair that I bought just a few weeks ago, but, since last week I began to notice it lost its grip of my ears and tended to slide down of my nose.

I decided to fix it myself. That evening, after I was off work, I fetched a set of miniature screwdrivers (orderly kept by my mother) dislodged  and tried to screw the loosen bit tight.

But, it turned out that I screwed it up - one of the handles fell apart.

I tried to put back the part - of course it was of no avail. My myopia was rather severe, and, together with some astigmatism and presbyopia, it was almost impossible to see clearly that tiny screw hole on the disentangled handle.

"Got to get my reserve pair of glasses." I said to myself.

But, my goodness, the reserve glasses was not in my drawer (where I used to keep it), and nowhere could it be found.

(To be continued.)

No comments: