Saturday, March 30, 2013

Assignment

(Our secret meeting continued.)


"You can just flip through the pages and would easily spot the problem. These are mostly questions with no answers. On the other hand, some other questions have 3 or 4 different sets of answers - and we cannot tell which one is correct." He explained.

I followed SL's instruction and quickly knew what he meant, "Alas! In that case, my task is...?"

"Find out the correct answer for each and every question." SL said, in a matter-of-fact tone.

"All by me?" I was surprised - there must be no fewer than 1000 questions.

"Yes and no," SL explained, "We have asked TS, WK and a few others to draft up sample answers for the essays and short questions, but we will leave all MCQs to you. When all of us finished with our own assignment, I shall compile the full volume and distribute to the class."

"With such a noble intention, how could I say no?" I smiled and accepted.

PS. In retrospect, the "past-paper" helped very little in our examination, although I certainly benefited a lot from this exercise. The "question bank" that I was asked to prepare sample answer was, as I later found out, past papers of MRCP Part 1 examination.

PPS. SL moved to America after he graduated and became a renowned radiation oncologist. Well, a doctor who could take good care of the benefit of the others got to be a good one.

No comments: