Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Digest

While I was thinking of the temptation to be active, I met my friend L on my way home.

He saw me, and immediately put up a curious smile.

"What's there so funny?" I asked.

"No, nothing," my friend replied, "Just that I believe you've mistaken the story about that tree."

"Which tree?" I was at a lost.

"The Tree of Wisdom!" He was referring to my recent blog. (See http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2011/07/trees.html)

"Yes...?"

"Alas, the very truth of that apple of wisdom is it could never be swallowed and digested - but, merely got stuck in the throat. And, for that tiny trace of wisdom, Adam could open his eyes and he had to leave Eden," my cynical friend pointed out.

"Then, what would happen if Adam could swallow and digest that apple?" I asked.

"What a question!? In that case he would get the whole of the wisdom and close one of his eyes, if not both, and stay in the Garden!" L continued.

"I see you point now. As the old Chinese sayings: The wisest man would appear foolish (大智若愚)."

No comments: