Thursday, July 21, 2011

Office

Another major change of my computer is I am now using Office 2010.

Seriously I hesitated a lot to begin with. I was using Office 2003 and everything worked out fine. I was familiar with the setting and, like my desktop, I made quite a lot of personal changes to the toolbar.

But, the situation changed a lot ever since Office 2007. The traditional toolbar disappeared - it becomes something called ribbons and another quick access toolbar. In short, people who get used to the old versions often lose their way and cannot find the command they want.

Is it because Bill Gates is getting old and fails to appreciate what his customers need is convenience? Or, is it the one getting old is me and thus there is so much difficulty for me to adapt to a new environment?

I have no idea.

Well, in order to show I am young, or, really, in order to give my neurons some new challenge to delay the process of dementia, I decided to go with the latest version of Office - rather than having a funny hair style and dressing up like a superannuated gigolo.

3 comments:

JW said...

I can't agree with you any more. When some one gets older, it is increasingly difficult to appreciate new things and challenges, not to mention give up those "oldies" that bring you a lot of convenience (to be more precise..... sense of security and comfort".

By the way, who is that "gigolo" you are referring to? It intrigues me....

EW said...

i also heard someone else bought a playboy car too

TW said...

Regarding the playboy car thing, I have heard someone else want to follow suit too...