Friday, July 22, 2011

Mistake

The hot topic within my hospital is the recent medical incident.

I shall not elaborate on the details. After all, despite decades of training to be objective, our response remain primitive (but, to me, seems to be entirely sensible): We ask who that house officer is, and how he or she usually performs.

Our target is the person, not the event.

****************************

As the usual procedure lay down by some extra-terrestrials, there will be a committee to look into the matter and do a root cause analysis. People directly or indirectly involved would be summoned to give evidence before some formal recommendations would be published.

But, I really learn something new this time; KM told me that people who need to give evidence have to go through training and rehearsal sessions. Although it was the classical René Descartes' teaching that you only see what your eyes want to see, I suddenly come to realize people on earth have evolved so much that we have gone one step forward in our approach to aliens.

They only see what we want their eyes to see - and hear what we want them to hear.

Hallelujah !

No comments: