Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Personalize

You may think I was creating trouble for myself because I could leave all the set up and file transfer to Stanley.

Well, that's partly true. Nonetheless, I have a habit of personalizing my computer - just like many of you decorating your own desk. As a rule, I adjust the time zone and language setting, add shortcuts to common programs and files, change the color scheme of dialog boxes, and put a picture on the desktop.

By the way, to keep myself consistent, I put up The Scream of Edvard Munch.

***********************

Another major change is I am now using Windows 7.

I presume it is the default setting, the desktop icons are much bigger than those I found in Windows XP. (Vista? What is Vista?) Initially I wished to adjust the setting of the monitor so that I could reduce the size of the icons. But, after a while, I decided to give up.

It is always better to pay attention to a few big things rather than losing your focus to a sea of small matters.

No comments: