Sunday, July 31, 2011

Broadcast

(My conversation with the retired cabinet secretary continued.)

I paused for a while and strike back, "Well, what would you use to defend for the old man?"

"I don't think I have to," Sir Humphrey was in the best of his mood, "But if I were going to do so, I would use the incident at the King's Cross Station."

For a moment, I thought he was talking about the platform 9¾ of Harry Potter.

The senior civil servant certainly saw through my mind, "Don't be silly. I'm not saying our giant in news could not be compared to the Dark Lord. In fact, his right-hand woman really makes me think of Bellatrix. Alas, I was actually not referring to the railway station, but the talking about the tube station of St. Pancras - to the incident on 7 July 2005."

"You mean that bomb attack at the Piccadilly line?" I was at a lost, "How's that related to the Corporation?"

"None what-so-ever. But, that's exactly the point. If the hacking was so extensive in the general public, they should have some hints well in advance." Sir Humphrey said.

"And they would have told the police and avoided the tragedy?" I asked.

"No, they would have arranged a live broadcast of the event!"

PS. I shall leave it to your interpretation whether Sir Humphrey meant the woman who served as the right hand in the old man's business, or the other woman who used her right hand and played volleyball.

No comments: