Saturday, November 26, 2011

Age

(A real story in my private patient clinic recently.)

"Doctor, you look really young. I never imagine a professor of medicine has no grey hair." The wife of my patient said before she left the consultation room.

"Oh, thanks for your compliment," I smiled, "But there are actually so many young professors of my medical school nowadays ..."

(I was about to say the title professor deflated a lot in the recent years, but I refrained to say so in front of my patient.)

"You are too humble," she went on, "Let me see, you must be far from 60-year of age. Are you 53 or 54?"

I made a loud hiccup - the inevitable response when one tries to laugh and vomit at the same time.

1 comment:

JW said...

I am sorry to hear that Szeto. I know this is an insult to you.
You always look 30 to me..... even without any SK2.