Saturday, November 19, 2011

Lancashire

A recent hot topic amongst the cultural circle is a famous local author put up her own photo in her blog.

If you do not know who I am talking about, just visit the Lancashire Road. I must say I am quite far away from being cultural, but Vivian is a fan of this young lawyer. In fact, my wife was rather excited when she saw the picture of her favorite author.

"Oh, she really looks like a movie star!"

"Alas, that may be true, everything just sounds slightly unreal," I said.

"What do you mean?" As usual, my wife did not know where I was getting at.

"Oh, I don't mean that her face is a product of some plastic surgeon," I smiled, "But I have a gut feeling that the girl in the picture may not be her, or be the complete her."

"But, she said in her Facebook that many of her friends and aunties recognize her and ask why she suddenly comes out." My wife said.

"That's exactly the curious bit," I explained, "Nowadays the internet is so far reaching. If you put up the picture or video of anyone on to the web, in no time the face would be recognized. People appear from every corner and declare being the neighbour or classmate or friend. But, this time, they just write to her - or so it was said. We see nobody come out and say Hey, I know this woman; we belonged to the same hostel in the university."

PS. You may still be puzzled what I meant by the complete her. I shall explain tomorrow.

No comments: