Monday, November 7, 2011

Chopstick

It was a Wednesday morning. When I received my lunch box after half way through our unit meeting, I found something important missing.

And I grumbled, "Gosh. I am a traditional Chinese, and I definitely need a pair of chopsticks for my lunch."

"So, did you bring your own pair when you went to England for study?" Someone asked.

I smiled, "That's really a story - I did not, or, I should say I forgot to do so. To make things worse I was in Bristol, not London, and I had no idea where to buy a new pair." (During that time, to be honest, I had either to dine in the hospital canteen - it is perfectly OK to eat fish-and-chips with knife and fork - or to use a spoon for everything if I decided to prepare my own dinner.)

"How did you get around the problem?"

"Alas, I rang up WY, who happened to need to be in London later that month for a meeting, and I asked her to bring me a new pair!" I smiled.

By the way, I am still keeping this very pair in my office - to remind me of the good old days.

No comments: