Thursday, November 10, 2011

Election

While I was considering to whom I put my vote in the medical council election, we have another one for the district council.

Like many others, I live in a place where there are two persons running this time: The original council member, who has done a lot of work on local affairs but has a suspicious party background, and a young man who, to keep my wordings modest, is more vigorous in pursuing democracy.

I shall not mention which side I support. In fact, an entirely different story of a fisherman came through my mind (see http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2009/11/rich.html).

Let me modify it a bit:

****************************

A pioneer of democracy passed by the garden of a public housing estate, where he found an old man sitting there, with tickets to some dinner banquet and free influenza vaccine in one hand, and a voting paper in the other.

The politician complimented the old man on his support to the election, and asked which side he would vote for.

The old man replied, "The ally of Napoleon, of course."

(To be continued.)

No comments: