Wednesday, December 26, 2012

End

While talking about the preparation for the Doomsday in a lunch time discussion, we were all amazed to hear the remarkable story of a woman, who keeps at home a few months supply of water, rice, biscuits, instant noodles, and what not, to prepare for the End Time. 

After all, it seems obvious that if the whole world comes to the end and we all have to die, what could be the use of the bottled water and instant noodle?

(The analogy in the financial market, unfortunately, is less well appreciated: If the entire market crashes, why should we believe the stock that we hold could escape from the tsunami?)

Most of us came to the conclusion, "If that woman really believes in the Mayan calendar, she really should use up all her money and enjoy until the very last second."

For me, although not a fan of the Apple, I shall take the advise of Steve Jobs: I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?"

And I would like to thank you if you happen to see the difference between the two.

No comments: