Monday, December 3, 2012

Spectrum

Met my friend L again while I was going home.

"Hello, Szeto. How was the supplementary examination?" He asked.

"Well, it was smooth. We don't expect anything exciting, do we?" I smiled.

"Of course not," my friend appeared slightly more serious, "It is exactly for that reason I find it difficult to understand why we put up so much effort to entertain just a few students."

"Em... I suppose we have to put up extra effort to help students who are not doing very well?" I hesitated for a moment and suggested, "In fact, a responsible medical school should try and identify, as early as possible, students who are going to struggle through the curriculum, and offer assistance as much as possible. Isn't that right?"

To my surprise, L shook his head, "Yes and no. If a medical school is doing so much for bad students, what has it done for those at the other side of the spectrum?"

No comments: