Friday, December 7, 2012

Murderer


Lunch with AL, JW and VM.

I did not meet AL for some time since she left the university, and it is gratifying to see her pursuing another career path.

AL and I are both fans of detective fictions, and many of the novels that I read in the recent years were borrowed from her. In the middle of the lunch, she asked, “Szeto, you read Dochira Kaga Kanojo Koroshita (誰殺了她) of Higashino Keigo (東野圭吾), didn’t you?”

“Yes…?”

“Then, who killed her?” She went on. (For those who have not read this novel, it is an open-end detective fiction. In other words, although the author does have an objective answer in his mind, readers have to judge themselves who the murderer is. See http://ccszeto.blogspot.hk/2012/10/entertainment.html)

“No idea. I suppose I thought of it for 2 minutes and gave up.” I smiled, “You know, I am very  acceptant to unresolved mysteries in life…”

My friend was certainly not very happy with my answer.

No comments: