Monday, July 22, 2013

Contest

Shortly after finishing with The Prince, I brought Euterpe to attend a gymnastics contest.

Don't gasp. The story goes like this: My elder daughter has been attending a gymnastics class every Sunday morning, which holds a contest for their students every year.

The event took place at Ap Lei Chau on a Sunday afternoon. The weather was horrible. (I learnt later that it was Yellow Rainstorm Warning.) Vivian drove us there but had to go back home to take care of Adler. Euterpe reported just on time at 3:30 PM; her session was supposed to be 4:00 to 5:30 PM.

But everything overran. Euterpe sat there with another two dozens of kids, and wait, and wait, and wait. She tried to kill the time by chatting with her classmates around, but was obviously bored. By 6 PM, Vivian rang me up and I told her what's going on - or what had not been going on.

"Isn't it a good idea for you two back off and come back home right now? You can take a taxi." My wife suggested.

(To be continued.)

No comments: