Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Endurance

I looked at my princess and was silent for a moment.

Finally, I told my wife, "We shall stay for another while."

********************
Euterpe's session started at 6:20 PM and finished twenty minutes later. (Yes, it was amazingly short.) When we left the stadium, it was almost sunset, but the sky had cleared up from the rainstorm. We jumped into a taxi immediately.

On our way home, I tapped on my daughter's head, "Good girl. You'd done a good job today."

"Eh...?" She returned a confused glance - trying to determine if I was being sarcastic. Both of us knew very well her performance a moment ago, by a strict gymnastics standard, was so so.

"Girl, I'm serious." I nodded, "I think you showed an excellent quality of endurance and did your very best to keep your promise. You agreed to join the contest and did put up every effort to finish with it. That's something to be proud of."

That's a good lesson for my child.

No comments: