Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Legacy

Met my friend PS and a few others during lunch. As always, our discussion came down to our children.

"You know, kids are really unbelievable nowadays," the professor of endocrinology said, "Just a few days ago, my son asked whether I am going to split my legacy into three parts after I die."

I laughed and almost choked. My friend has three children, and the son in question is her eldest one, now probably at around 10 years of age.

"Alas, what did you tell him?"

"I said I shouldn't have very much money to be left. Em... I also asked why did he want the money."

"Good move," I nodded, "What did he tell you?"

"Oh! That's the amazing part. He said that he wants to set up an airline company!"

"How ambitious. And your response was...?"

"I told him the money that I left would probably only be enough for buying one seat in an aircraft!"

The table all laughed.

No comments: