Monday, December 9, 2013

Sorry

Very soon afterwards, that very student sent me an email to clarify the standard and requirement of the case report, and we had a brief communication via the electronic means.

Let me show you the last email exchange between us.

*************************
Dear Professor,

I must apologize for the numerous emails, but I thought it might be more environmentally friendly and less troublesome for the both of us to show you the amended case report via email before I submit a written copy. Please find attached an electronic copy of the amended case report. If this is acceptable
shall I submit a copy for you to mark?

Thank you again and I apologize again for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards, et cetera.

*************************
Dear --,

I will have to accept (with some reluctance). After all, since the ward is closed for the flu alert, you will not be able to see patients for a long while and it would be impossible for you to clerk other cases.

Please submit the hard copy.

Sincerely, et cetera.

*************************
I feel sorry for my students.

No comments: