Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Timber

After a period of uncomfortable silence, Abraham asked, "Shuah, since you have the insight, are you going for exploration?"

"Yes. I actually decide to go north and pass the Black Sea."

"What do you expect to find?"

"I don't know. It may not be anything valuable - there is a huge forest and all I could find may be wood only. Nonetheless, it is always fun to explore an unknown territory. I would be happy if something could be found, and be proud of myself if I could make the best use of it."

"Alas, that's not a good way to make money!" Abraham shook his head.

"Father, you may be right. But, although timber is way less expensive than petroleum and coal, not every piece of land has oil underground. After all, we need all kinds of raw material. If each and everyone of us work on the liquid gold, we will not have the wood and steel to build the drilling rig."

No comments: