Monday, February 3, 2014

Birthday

While thinking about the impact of Facebook, a slightly annoying hassle that Zuckerberg introduces is the birthday reminder.

Oh, I should actually say birthday reminders, because it is never a problem when I find one name on the list. If the name is really a friend of mine, I will try to drop a few lines on his dashboard. If that’s nothing more than a distant acquaintance, the image will not pass beyond my retina.

But, if two or more persons that I added share the same birthday, I have a problem. Shall I send my greetings to the one whom I consider a genuine friend and neglect the others? Would they see my greetings to someone else and feel unhappy? Well… It doesn’t sound right to my heart anyway. Are these persons so distant that I do not care for writing a sentence or two?

I think too much, I know.

No comments: