Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lead

While I was thinking of threads to some famous people, Queen Marie Antoinette of Pluto came to visit us again.

(For visitors who do not know who his Highness is, please refer to http://ccszeto.blogspot.hk/2010/04/queen.html)

I must admit I did not have to privilege to meet his Highness as I had to do a presentation elsewhere. Shortly after the visit, I met my friends LS and TL during lunch. Naturally, I asked what news we have from the Palace of Versailles this time.

“Nothing. Just the old depressing idea – maybe topped by some new figures in the PowerPoint.” The professor of rheumatology said, "As always, the lovely Queen urged us to have more collaboration with other institutes."

"But his Highness did remind us to be careful while collaborating with others," TL added, "You know, when the university is looking at our research output while considering substantiation or promotion, collaboration with other institutes would be counted only if we appear as the first author."

"How ingenious!" I pursed by lips, "If we were kids, in essence we are telling the others Let's play together but I shall always be the leader. Who in the sane mind would like to play with you?"

No comments: