Monday, February 10, 2014

Erase

One of my little friends cancelled his account in Facebook recently.

I shall not postulate why he did so - everyone seems to have their own hypothesis. Nonetheless, this incident is, as far as I could remember, the second time that this friend of mine cancelled his Facebook account.

Yes, it is simple enough. Something happens. You want a brand new start. But, history becomes a burden. Let's erase it. All silly doings in the past seem to have never taken place. You are born again. Your hands are clean. As the Big Brother says, history could be edited, created, or erased, depending on what you need.

But, at the same time, you also lost your memory of your good old days and legacy from all the experience. Many a time history repeats itself because we do not remember what happened in the past and learn from it.

And, I may not be talking about my little friend only. A good many people and countries are doing the same.

No comments: