Friday, February 21, 2014

Study

(Our luncheon discussion continued.)

"Szeto, you are too cynical!" LS complained, "The talk of his Highness is not entirely useless. For example, he reminded us that we are entitled to take academic leaves so that we can undertake some collaborative studies with other institutes. Of course, the problem of a small and busy clinical division like us is we could find nobody to cover our clinical duty!"

I thought for a while and said, "No one to cover the clinical duty... you are quite right. Nonetheless, academic leave is an idea. I think I should take one. June is a good time as Euterpe will be doing her final exam. I propose a collaborative project with the The Hong Kong Institute of Education to study examination question of local primary school. Isn't that brilliant?"

My friends looked at me in reproach.

"Oh my. How would your proposed work benefit our faculty?"

"Em... How about using those primary school questions for our final MB examination?"

No comments: