Sunday, May 31, 2009

Grandiose

In general I am quite apathetic to most of the (in my opinion) unreasonable demands and comments from all direction. (I have very little insight, of course.)

But several recent happenings are really remarkable:
  1. Written comment from a second year student: (That's the exact wording.) The course is bullshit. The clinical demonstration is very disorganized. Why can't the teacher decide what disease entity should stay in the ward and wait for us ?
  2. From a fresh graduate: Why do I score "C" in both medicine and surgery ? I had a higher grade last time.
  3. From a government servant: Why am I suggested to have a private CT scan (so that I could have it faster) ? I am superior to an ordinary citizen and my condition needs utmost attention.
  4. From a university academic: Why does this study need endorsement from the head of the other department ? They do not take part in the study - I just use the patients under their care.
  5. From a super-physician: Why don't you keep a close eye on this patient who stays in another ward (and is under another department) ?
Well, the catholic church might have a point and Nicolaus Copernicus must be wrong: How could the universe go around the sun ? It got to go around me !

We need to treat them fair.

1 comment:

TW said...

Concerning the students comment, I remember once I took part in a small group tutorial on how to read a journal article. During the self-reading time, a lady student came up to me and said," Doctor, can we just take off this lession right now, cos we have an examination tomorrow and we are feeling very stressed now and no mood to continue"
The girl must have become a doctor now, I think she might tell her patient, " can you stop deteriorating and pick up you BP right now because I have a presentation tomorrow and I am very stressed now".