Saturday, May 9, 2009

Phone

My mobile phone broke down recently.

It did so in a remarkable way: I could use all the function, but, when someone calls in, I could listen only by the hand-free mode.

Vivian was the first one to notice the problem. (She is, of course, the most frequent one who rings me up.) She pressed me to buy a new mobile, but I was reluctant. The old one was just over 3 years in use, and I love its simplicity (i.e. few useless gadgets and functions), which is not easily found nowadays.

I tried to justify by a (to me) excellent excuse: 事無不可對人言.

But, for sure, wife always wins an argument (if you are silly enough to raise one).

And, during the holiday, we were out to find a new one.

PS. Seriously I have difficulty to convince myself with the excuse.

"When a person reaches the stage of having their own secrets, it means that they have grown up." (from The Setting Sun of Osamu Dazai)

No comments: