Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Prevention

Once you consider the effect of isolation on the evolution of virus, you may find the nihilistic policy of some countries on the other side of the Pacific Ocean less annoying.

Well, I am not sure Uncle Sam has such a wisdom to see through the effect of active isolation, or they are stupid enough to stay dumbfounded. It is often difficult to differentiate a great crook from an idiot - there's no difference in terms of the effect, of course. For similar reason, I am often not sure I actually see the Licht of Goethe, or merely making a fool of myself.

Nonetheless, the contrast in the policy between our home country and the Police of the World against this new virus is a vivid illustration on how the two people treat things related to the mouth.

Both for diseases that get in through our mouth, and the voice of a people that comes out from it.

Which is correct ?

I have no idea.

But I could show you an old Chinese saying: 防民之口,甚於防川.

No comments: