Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Absent

Met VW in the medical grand round.

Seeing that I did not appear to be interested in the topic, the hepatologist asked, rather lightheartedly, "Have you heard of the story between GY and our third-year students?"

"Nop. What's up ?"

"The whole group of students, who were supposed to attach to the teaching clinic of GY last week, did not turn up, and the cardiology professor almost had a seizure," my friend said, "And this is not the first time. Just another day all the students did not turn up for the teaching clinic of GW, who had already selected suitable cases and arranged everything."

"Why's that?" I considered for a while, and added, "Oh, yes. They shall have their panel examination very soon."

My friend nodded.

"So, what's our cardiologist going to do?" I asked.

"He has asked all that group of students to come to see him next week..." VW said.

Knowing the usual GY, I chuckled for an inevitably long-dwelling meeting, and I said to myself, "That, in itself, is a penalty."

*****************************

You may think I was not behaving properly and laughed at my colleague. In that case you are right, and I had retribution the next day.

I mean, when I lead the bedside teaching for my group of third year students, only half of them turned up.

No comments: