Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Attendance


That very weekend turned out to be a busy one. While I was accompanying Euterpe for her singing class examination, Vivian went to the Annual Scientific Meeting of the College of Surgeons.

Later in the afternoon, when we were all back home and preparing to set off for dinner, my wife showed me a little souvenir she got from the meeting.

It was a book with the title Healing with the Scalpel. In short, it outlines the history of surgery in Hong Kong.

While thumbing through the pages, an interesting photo came to my attention - it was the attendance sheet of the 1987 class of our medical school to an invited lecture.

Here it goes:

Time for nostalgia.

PS. Although the names on this sheet are four years more senior than me, I know nearly half of them - it was an era when we mentioned our name and everyone knew which year you graduated. It does bring along much memory to the good old days, when our medical school was very small.

And it is the law of physics: When the place is small, everyone becomes very close.

No comments: