Tuesday, October 5, 2010

屎坑歌

Although I gave a little thought on the subject of minimum essential practical procedures and our marking scheme, I did not actually attended the curriculum retreat.

It was my birthday, and, more importantly, Euterpe was sitting for the first examination of her singing class and I had to leave the hospital on time to pick her up.

Before we set off for the examination, I asked my daughter, rather half-heartedly, "We're going to the singing class. You know the song Happy Birthday to You, don't you? Can you sing it for me now?"

My princess twisted her lips; she didn't reply.

And off we go.

**************************

We arrived at the place slightly early. Foreseeing a whole-hour class, I asked my daughter, "Do you need to pee before going in?"

She nodded.

I brought her to the male lavatory. No one was there. I closed the door and put her on the toilet. In no time the deed was done.

While I was picking out some tissue paper for her cleansing, a familiar music appears, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to daddy ..."

It was my daughter singing that very song on the toilet !

I could not help but laughed as loud as I could. At last, I said to her, "Thank you, thank you. But, next year, please sing it at a better place."

"Shh ..." my princess whispered, "This place is quiet !"

No comments: