Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Books

While I was wandering in a jungle of books, our Vice Chancellor gave his remarkable speech to the new university students and encourage everyone to read more books.

(See http://www.facebook.com/notes/joseph-sung/read-a-book-every-month/10151228608174188)

Of course I cannot agree more with this suggestion and has always been practicing this advise.

For example, here are the ones that I bought for myself from Kinokuniya:

  • On Strategy by Havard Book Reviews
  • A History of God by Karen Armstrong
  • The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • 100 Essential Things You Didn't Know You Didn't Know by John Barrow
PS. On the other hand, I am not so sure to support becoming more global. To me, the concept of globalization has become a bubble; everyone seems running after it for no reason. After all, what good is there to have a vague idea on what's going on thousands of miles away, but know nothing about the place you live?

No comments: