Sunday, October 14, 2012

家家酒


On the next Saturday, Euterpe had to attend interviews of two primary schools. Naturally Vivian and I went with our princess.

Thank goodness the interviews were a couple of hours apart, and we could actually take a short break in between the two. In fact, as a parent, I had nothing material to do for the interview other than waiting outside the room.

And, you know what, I read another detection fiction.

It was Akui (惡意) of Keigo Higashino (東野圭吾).

*****************************
I must say the story was so so, and it appears to me nothing but a clumsy mimic of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

But, the confession of Osamu Nonoguchi (野野口修), the school teacher, does impress me:

“The relation between teachers and students is based on a misunderstanding. Teacher hallucinate they has something to teach the students, and students fancy they could learn something from their teachers. The irony is, it would be fortunate for both sides to maintan this mutual misunderstanding, and, it does them no good if they realize the truth. What we are doing is, after all, a playing house of education.”

No comments: