Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Entertainment


On a lovely Saturday, I had the opportunity of waiting Vivian for lunch.

My wife was having an urgent meeting with the Strawberry bear and Rex. It just so happened that I had finished with all journal articles in my Kindle, but in my bag there was a book I borrowed from AL. The weather of an autumn afternoon was perfect, and I managed to find an armchair under a gigantic Chinese banyan tree to enjoy a rare moment of peacefulness.

The book was Dochira Kaga Kanojo Koroshita (誰殺了她) by Keigo Higashino (東野圭吾).

************************
I finished with the entire book that night, and felt a gush of satisfaction that I missed for ages.

No, I’m not saying the book was superb. It is damn good – but that’s quite beyond the point. You know, during my final year of medical school study, I had the habit of reading a detection fiction every Saturday. (That’s actually the only entertainment I had all through that year.)

It just feels warm to enjoy the final year of medical school once again.

No comments: