Saturday, October 20, 2012

Help

Although I tended to agree with my cynical friend, after considered for another while, I became slightly uneasy, "My friend, those advocates of alternative therapy or funny remedies may mean no harm. They have no personal gain, and all they want to do - as far as I could see - is helping people."

My friend laughed, "That comes back to our original principle: We can never determine the real purpose of anyone; all we could judge by objective means is what actually is being done. Although their aim might be noble, these amateur practitioners of alternative medicine may do more damage than our Duke of cosmetic stem cell biology - not only because the remedies they publicize could have adverse effects, but, more commonly, ill advised patients may give up valuable orthodox treatment and cost their life!"

"Well, yes. The road to hell is paved with good intentions." I was forced to agree, "After all, very few people deliberately do evil. Almost all disasters in human history had majestic objectives to start with - but they are led by persons with a crooked mind!"

No comments: