Sunday, October 21, 2012

Late

While updating my blog entries in the evening, I suddenly realize the post on 18 October was not put up as scheduled - it was supposed to appear automatically at 6:30 AM, but, in reality, it comes up 12 hours later.

The reason is simple: I clicked the wrong button when selecting the time of posting.

No big deal of course. In fact, I'm not going to say to err is human and medical incidents are unavoidable.

But, rather, a little story of JC, our previous professor of clinical pharmacology, comes through my mind.

Here you go:

**********************
One day, after the morning round, JC told his two medical officers (yes, one was me) that he would be very busy the next day, and need to start the round at 9 AM sharp.

The two of us nodded. In the next morning, we finished with our first round early, and waited eagerly in the ward at 9 AM.

But JC did not turn up. We waited and waited; my colleague tried calling him but there was no response either. After an hour or so, the two of us smiled to each other and decided to get on with other duties.

The day passed quickly. By 4 PM, we received a call from the ward - it was JC, and he was asking us to start the consultant round!

"What's going on?" We asked the professor.

"Em... nothing," he smiled, "I think I meant London time yesterday."

No comments: