Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ideomotor

It is obvious that my friend VW was thinking about a different problem when he talked about people who keep having good ideas but none could be worked out.

The reason that he puts up was simple: They do not have the ability to complete a project.

My opinion is: this statement is a level one explanation of the problem. (For those who are not familiar with the five levels of understanding a problem, please refer to the black cylinder experiment - go read Practical Thinking of Edward de Bono.)

You may ask: Do I have some explanation of a higher level?

Unfortunately, no - although I am sure I have encountered more people with this very form of ideomotor dysfunction than our professor of hepatology.

My vague idea of analogy is: Having a good idea requires IQ, while working an idea out involves EQ.

No comments: