Friday, February 22, 2013

Goat


During the Chinese New Year holiday, I watched the movie Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf 5 (喜羊羊與灰太狼大電影5).

Obviously I chose this one for the benefit of Euterpe and Adler (otherwise my pick would be Cloud Atlas), and my princesses did had an enjoyable 90 minutes. How do I find this cartoon from the crooked universe? Vivian wrote that much on her Facebook:

The worst crap in the history of motion picture.

And my wife did not exaggerate. The two of us were disappointed because we did have some hope. Three years ago when we watched part two of this series (see http://ccszeto.blogspot.hk/2010/03/wolf.html), it was amazingly good. There was no high-tech virtual reality or 3D effect, but, in my own jargon, the producer did tell a coherent story. Now, three years later, there is a quantum jump in how they could tell a story, but an equally drastic regression in what story they are telling.

As what we hear from the usual sayings: They are so poor that they only have money - and they are so primitive that they only use technology.

窮得只剩下錢,
原始得只使用科技。

No comments: