Monday, February 4, 2013

Second


Met L on a Saturday morning.

Contrary to the usual, my friend was not in a hurry – and neither was I. After a casual exchange of hello, I noted that he was reading some weekly magazine.

“Alas, it’s new to me you have a habit of reading sensational literature!” I smiled.

“Why not!?” L raised his eyebrow, “As Sherlock Holmes said, there’s nothing new under the sun. What you encounter in a medical school may also be observed in the business of entertainment.”

“Is it the case?”

“Absolutely. Let’s take our second-rate TV channel as the example. It is, by all definitions, losing its business, isn’t it?”

I was forced to nod, “Of course. There are many media nowadays. The  competition for advertisement is fierce. And, after all, if a company decides to go for advertising in TV, there are all the reasons to go for the bigger and more well-established channel.”

“What you said is true, but it doesn’t account for all the differences in business performance between the A and B channels…”

No comments: